baby update

5.22.2013
i had my 36 week doctor appointment this morning... at 9:00 AM. i'm not really a fan of the morning appointments, because holy smokes there are some dumb drivers on the road. :/ i was the very first patient of the day so i thought i would be just in and out.... but i was very wrong.  my doctor checked her heart rate, which sounds great! i also had the group b strep test done as well as get an ultra sound to see the position of this little babe.
the whole time she was squirting that cold, cold gel on my tummy i was praying that baby egg was NOT breech. but gueessss what? this baby girl likes to be a stinker,  she's breech. so then my doctor starts explaining that at week 37 if the baby is breech they can try and turn her from the outside.  but they won't do it before because it can cause stress to the baby and put you into labor early. secretly i was thinking, heck yes!! i'd love to meet this babe sooner rather than later. {although i want her to cook in there as long as she needs to!}
and THEN! just as i thought we'd be wrapping this fast appointment up she then told me that she was worried about the amniotic fluid level.  apparently i measured a little lower than she expected by this point and on the ultra sound it looked low. she told me that i needed to go next door to get some tests done to find out exactly how low.  she also explained that since the fluid is low, it may be too hard for baby to turn on her own AND they won't turn her for me when they are concerned about the fluid. which would result in a c-section.
great.
a c-section was not in my plans.  yes, i am willing to do whatever it takes to get my baby here safely when the time comes.  but i was really hoping that a c-section was not in the plans.
anyways....
got my tests done.  she looks great. the fluid is at 11.2 {cm?} anything above a 10 is normal. but she explained that i am still on the really low side of normal. we'll check the levels again next week and go from there!
so lots and lots of resting for me this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design