general conference {let's get personal}

10.07.2013

this past general conference weekend was perfect for me.  there were so many uplifting talks by so many inspiring leaders of our church.  and boy, did i need to hear all of the messages they shared.  it's not a secret that my life isn't perfect, and that i am not perfect.  it's obvious that i have made many, many bad mistakes in my life time. i'm going to get real personal.  in high school, i was involved with the wrong group of friends, and dated the same guy the entire three years who did nothing but bring me down. it started out slow, but by the time i reached the age of twenty one things had gone extremely down hill and i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to find my way back to what i have always truly believed. i would go to parties, and get involved in everything that i shouldn't have.  i did drugs so many times, i can't even count.  i would drink to the point of passing out every weekend.  things were bad, and the sad part was i knew what i was doing was very wrong.

i am so glad for the night that i called dave to come pick me up from the party i was at, from that night on i have changed and continue to change, thanks to dave. he has helped me in so many ways. i am me, again.  he makes me feel like i am worth something.  and i am so grateful that heavenly father brought him into my life. i am grateful for the gospel and for all of it's leaders and for the chance that all of us members have to come together every six months to be inspired by one another.  i'm looking forward to the day that i can be sealed for eternity to my little family-my amazing husband & best friend and to my perfect little olive and future children.

if you didn't have the chance to listen this past weekend or want to hear the messages again, visit here.

1 comment:

  1. I love the personal posts :) I love seeing your sweet family, and Trey and I can't wait to see you guys again and meet Olive!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design