the little plus sign

10.22.2013

october seventeenth of two thousand and twelve we found out we were expecting. {i'm a few days late posting} one year ago, our lives changed forever.  a little bean was growing inside of me, and nine months later we became parents to the most perfect little baby girl.

this past year has definitely been the hardest year of my entire life and also the most rewarding.  we all know that the whole pregnancy thing was not easy on me.  and probably never will be.  i was sick for 22-25 weeks, throwing up multiple times a day. when i wasn't throwing up, i was laying in bed exhausted and so nauseous.  

dave was a champ and continues to be!! holding my hair while i hugged the toilet, running to the store to satisfy my pregnancy cravings,  cooking me meals, buying me flowers,  helping me put my shoes on.  now, dave is the most amazing father to olive.  olive loves him so much.

i am so grateful for the experience of growing a child, for giving olive the opportunity to live.  being able to feel her first movements, watching my belly grow each day, hearing her first cry and holding my little angel for the first time. she is the best thing that ever happened to dave and i. 

i can't believe it's been a year since i peed on that little stick,  seeing the plus sign appear and watching dave jump up and down with excitement.  it feels like it was just yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design