a little celebration

2.11.2013
on sunday, my mom and siblings came over to our place for dinner and a little {early} birthday celebration! my mom and i made one of my favorite meals... enchilada soup. it's to die for!  and it involves a crock pot, which means it's super easy.

here is the recipe;

//enchilada soup//
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts {we actually just used 5 canned chicken, and shred it}
1/2 cup diced onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 {14 oz.} cans chicken broth
1/2 cup cornstarch mixed with 2 cups of water
2 {10 oz.} cans mild enchilada sauce
1 {14 1/2 oz.} can diced tomatoes {put in blender and puree}
16 oz. cubed velveta cheese {light or regular}
1 tsp. chili powder
salt and pepper

//directions//
toss everything in your crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours... check it after 2 hours.. if it's thick then it's ready to eat. but it took mine the full 3 hours.  make sure you are stirring it often to make sure that cheese melts.
** if you are using the 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, throw those in your crock pot first and let cook until done.  then shred the chicken and add the rest of the ingredients.

serve with tortilla chips, breadsticks and or rolls.  enjoy!


check out the cake my mom made me!!

 growing up, our birthday's always had a theme and my mom would decorate our cake to match. this year, my mom wanted to bring that tradition back.  but i just couldn't think of anything so she surprised me with this!!

baby cake!! we are all so dang excited for this baby to get here!

2 comments:

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design