more ramblings

3.09.2013
you probably noticed that our blog got a little makeover.  it's partially because i am- 1// bored a lot of the time and- 2// because i am never satisfied with the look. but! i think this may be the winner. what do you guys think?

so i know that the whole process of building and expanding your blog takes time and effort. but i feel like i'm in the struggling phase. i need your help. i have done many/multiple ways of trying to reach out and really put my blog out there.  but i'm just not receiving anything in return.

yeah, yeah. be patient sarah.
got it!
i'm going to keep being patient.. but for those of you awesome followers, i think i need your help :)

dave and i are both pregnant.  in case you all weren't aware.  we love our bellies. {see photo below}

we switched over to sprint.. which has been quite the process.  at&t hasn't wanted to port over our current phone numbers to sprint.  {it's much more complicated, but that's what i got out of it} however, my phone number was the only one that worked. so i am no longer phone-less. and look! hubs and i are now twinners!! {see photo below}

husband broke his toe at soccer on thursday night.  {everyone thought he was exaggerating} but once we got home and the shoe came off,  it was proven.  poor dave's toe.  it's very swollen and completely black and blue. but what can you really do about a broken toe, right? we've kept lots of medicine in him and iced that thing a ton. i hate when dave is sick or hurt.

we went and saw 'oz the great and powerful' last night. it was really good. actually it was great.  just felt super long.  and baby kicked me the whole time.  don't worry baby, you can watch movies from the outside soon{ish}

and i'm making this jello recipe for sunday dinner with the eggett's this weekend. {see photo below} here is the recipe>>

what you'll need//
-2 cups crushed pretzels
-3/4 cups butter, melted
-3 tablespoons white sugar

-1 {8 ounce} package cream cheese, softened
-1 cup white sugar
-1 {8 ounce} container frozen whipped topping, thawed

-2 {3 ounce} packages strawberry flavored jell-o
-2 cups boiling water
-2 {10 ounce} packages frozen strawberries

directions>>
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees F

2. stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons white sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.

3. bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. set aside to cool.

4. in a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. fold in whipped topping.  spread mixture onto cooled crust.

5. dissolve gelatin in boiling water. stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly.  when mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, poor and spread over cream cheese layer. refrigerate until set.

<<prep time: 35 minutes cook time: 10 minutes ready in: 45 minutes>>




3 comments:

  1. You are such a cute preggo girl! Not to shabby for your hubs either haha. I feel the same way with my blog, just in that plateau kinda state. Maybe get your button out there more and do some blog swaps. I know that kinda helped me a little :-)

    kashiariley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend. You really are so cute! I went and saw Oz too. It was pretty good! I LOVE your new blog design, by the way.

    As far as new followers get, people ask me that all the time. I did button swaps for the longest time & saw no difference whatsoever. I don't think they help. You could host a giveaway? As for me, I haven't done anything. I focus on my life, and I'm real. I think when you're 110% real, people can relate to you, and they really like that. At least, that's my experience. I have never paid for an ad, because I blog for me...and people can read & enjoy, if they please. Do I make sense? And like you said, just give it time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I just found your blog and I love it. I am in the same spot as you as far as blogging. I have been doing it for just over a year and occasionally i get lots of hits and then on some posts... just 20. The internet is a strange tool. I have noticed though that posting my blog link on Google plus, twitter and Facebook whenever i have a new post ( multiple times too... not just once) really helps. Also, the posts that I am the most real on dont do well at first, but end up getting the most hits over time... like hundreds. Also, I occasionally post something that will attract a lot of hits just based on the subject ( such as my super bowl ad) and then use that as an opportunity to pull people in- by posting links to my other posts in that blog itself. As for the buttons... I just got one a few days ago, so I am hoping that it helps... but if it doesn't... oh well! I dont pay for ad space but i participate in other bloggers Swap Parties and pen pal groups and it is pretty cool, Idk if it brings people in, but it makes me feel good. Just be yourself and be real. Hope this helps ya out! Good luck bloggin and i cant wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design